IC OMOALLEN The African Rolling Stone Joins The List Of Nigerian Entertainers With MSc


We had a breath taking interview with  Block Of Sound Entertainment artist  'IC OMOALLEN' also know as the African Rolling Stone. He is one of the few Nigerian entertainers with an MSc, he has lived and performed in a lot countries,with his experiences and exposure now he is back to his country Nigeria to educate and entertain music lovers. Get to know more about this rising star, his journey in the music industry, vision and future projects. Peep below for the full interview after the cut...


Who is IC Omoallen?

IC Omoallen is a recording and performing artist born and raised in Lagos Nigeria, I hail from the south-eastern part (Abia State). In addition,  I am a graduate in Business management  (BSc) and Media Management (MSc) from Middlesex University London.

Define your style of music

My style of music is a Fusion of Afrobeat, highlife,  hiphop & Reggae.

Are you signed under any Label or Management?

Yes I am signed to Block of Sound Entertainment and being managed by the best. My team is small and able, furthermore, I am blessed to be under the right umbrella


Who inspires you musically?

A lot of people inspire me in music, the likes of Bob Marley, Fela kuti, and oh I have love for James Brown,  Angelique Kidjo, Bright chimezie,  Oliver De coque,  snoop Dogg, and a variety of other unique musicians

Why did you choose music?

I chose music because I have a burning passion for it.  It is my anchor of expression.  Through entertainment and music I feel free and and alive. Music to me makes me a creator and whichever mood I am in,  I can express myself creatively.

Who is /are your competition in the music industry

(LAUGHS) I am my competition in this industry. I respect every other musical  artist working hard either as an underdog or established artist. However, If I fail to motivate myself,  if I fail to fuel my burning passion for success through music,  if I do not stay hungry as I've always been till date and after now,  then I am my biggest competition yet.And I'll always be my biggest competition.

What would make you feel complete?

Knowing that my work in music and purpose in life is achieved would make me feel complete.

Would you rather be rich or famous. And why?

(Laughs) fame?! Rich?!   Okay in all honesty,  I'll prefer to be rich in this context.  Simply because I like the finer things in  life and I am working hard for them. Thus, fame does not cut it for me. In this era we are in, a man can be famous yet poor. He can be a street king yet starve. But being rich will guarantee provision not just for oneself but his or her family and others around. And it's not just monetary riches I'm implying (although that is embedded) rather being rich in spirit,  friendship,  goodwill and a lot more.


What is your favorite activity?

Sports!  I love sporting activities. Occasionally I play football, run frequently,  and cycle daily.

Your most disappointing moment

That would be when I was invited to perform for a show and not being allowed to perform by the Dj. I really wanted to give my best that day,  yet, I was looked down on and countless times  being told to wait while the Dj allowed artists he was familiar with and gave them slots to perform. That had me disappointed but made me stronger because I came to realize that is embedded in the life of an artist. The tables will turn in my favor tomorrow and i'd appreciate that day the rejected stone becomes the corner stone


Where do you see yourself in the next 2 years?

By the grace of God,  I see myself higher than where I am right now. I see IC OMOALLEN as a global brand,  and evergreen sensation in music and a role model for upcoming artists.  I hope the universe is kind enough to overwhelm me with more than my expectations in the next two years.

Who or what is the African Rolling Stone we see attached to your brand?

Haha!  Every artist has different ways they see themselves. This is my Masquerade.  In regards to my life as an African and how i have been blessed to live in four  different countries embracing diversity and immersing  myself in the knowledge of their various cultures (music inclusive) I decided to brand myself as 'The African rolling Stone'. A rolling stone is a person unwilling to settle for long in one place. And it hit me that during my research on creative branding on myself,  that this is part of my journey. Not just geographically,  but in mind and all other things. I yearn for new phantoms that feed my creativity and don't stick to them. I learn and keep moving. It is paramount that I see myself this way so I attached that phrase to myself as an artist as my journey is ongoing.


The video to your latest song Yellow Tomato is set be released. Where was it shot, Who directed it, and when is the release date.

Yes,  Yellow Tomato video is set for release. It was shot in London by a director known as ADE-OG. The video will be release in some days. My management will be announcing a date soon...

What is your life motto?

My life Motto is: To Trust and Obey God,  believe in myself and never give up on what I love and makes me happy.


What should your fans be expecting from you and how can they connect to you

Everyone who supports my career should expect nothing but quality music,  tapped from the bossom of creativity and wrapped in an African Cape  (Laughs). People can connect with me on on social sites

 Instagram : @worldofic,  twitter @worldof_ic









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghanian DanceHall Artist Shatta Wale Goes Naked On Stage During A Performance

Ghanaian Player- Emmanuel Fimpong Flashes Crowd His Middle Finger After He Was Racially Abused And Got Sent -

Upcoming Artist & Growing Their Fanbase